Thursday 25 December 2014

It is the most wonderful time of the year..

Yesterday nigh was Christmas eve and, as usual I have spent this night with my family. However, this year has been a bit special. Four months ago my cousin went to Dresden as an Erasmus student. I have not seen him since he left. Hence, I was looking foward to seeing him. He has helped me  a lot with my German as I am also learning this language, I am really thankful for this. He has told me a lot of beautiful things related to his new hometown. I wish I could do a similar thing in a near future.


My family and I having dinner 
This year we have had an special guest. We have had a new cousin as my cousin got marry three months ago. However, he has always been my cousin because I have known him since I was six years old. It has been really exciting to be with all my family. My cousin who lives in Madrid has also joined us for dinner. He always has the best stories  to tell! You can  never get bored with him, he is so much fun!




My grandmother and all my cosuns 

We have spent a marvelous night in wich food an laugh were the main courses. It has been a relly interesting talking. We have been talking about different issues but travilling has been the main issue. My cousin and her husband have been talking about New York City as they spent there their honeymoon. My cousin who is studying in Dresden has been talking about Germany and German people as well as my cousin from Madrid because he went to Dresden to visit my cousin. They have told us amazing experiences from their meeting  there. My other cousin was talking about Finlad as she is going to be an Erasmus student there in five months- I wish I could visit her there. Me, I was just really pleased to hear my  elder cousins talking about their experiences. They always have something to teach me.  



my cousin who lives in Madrid,
me and my cousin who is
in Dresden.
My grandmother was really happy to have all her family gather together. I believe that she feels really proud of having an extended family in wich love is the first valour. However, we could not avoid missing my grandfather who unfortunately passed away two summers ago. 


After dinner, we had had  to sing to our grandmother in order to get our "aguinaldo", my granny has given "aguinaldo" to everyone, even to our new cousin! It has been so much fun! 

In short, I have really enjoyed this night as I considered that the best thing in life is not money. The best thing in life is love and happines and with my family I have both things. It is true that you can not choose your family. However, If I had been given the chance to choose, I would have never choosen another family. They are the best family I could wish for! I love them very very much!
Merry Christmas!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment