Monday 17 November 2014

Education


Nowadays students have to bite off more than they can chew. They have to deal with a lot of subjects as math or science and also they have a lot of homework. That means that they don’t have leisure time for relaxing or for doing extracurricular activities like learning how to dance or sing in order to improve their skills. In addition, they learn things by heart and in a fortnight that will be forgotten, but they don't care as long as they get good marks.  What's more we are claming to have a good education because students get good marks. 

I wish I had been born in America because there doing extracurricular activities is compulsory if you want to have good marks. But the thing that I like the most about America or Britain for instance is that there, you can easily have a gap year. For me taking a year off is a great opportunity to learn new things, or to think about what do you really want to study  before going to university . Nevertheless, In Spain having a gap year in not an option.  What’s more ,  we come down on it. What does it mean? It means that we have to put all our eggs in one basket and go to university even though we don’t really know what we want to study. But, Why should we go to university? Look Roald Dahl the famous British writer. He didn’t go to university and he’s a really well-known  writer all over the world.

Anyway, I have to admit that my school days were really good.  I Will never forget getting an upset stomach and going to the nursery because I didn’t want to be on  my math' class. Moreover, I have never skipped  classes because, I think that I was a good student. I believe that the fact that my classmates and I have in common is that we have the same tutor in our hearts, even though he was really strict with exams and deadlines , I have to thank him because that’s the reason why nowadays I’m really methodical with my studies.

As I said before, education is changing due to it there are new methods of learning languages. There’s one called “ Crazy English” developed by a Chinese man which consists in yelling English on an auditorium in order to help his students to memorized new structures and vocabulary. There is also “ crazy Chinese” and I think that in a nearly future there will be more methods as this. I would be reappy glad to see "Crazy Spanish".


To sum up, education is changing , and it will me changing  but I’m going to give you some food for though. What are we looking for? Do we really want students that learn everything by heart and they don’t really know what they are studying?  Or do we prefer having qualificated students? As Oscar Wilde said “ You can never be overdressed or overeducated” 







No comments:

Post a Comment