Monday 13 October 2014

Rome

The place that I hope to visit in a near future is Roma. If you had asked me: Wich place would you like to visit?   three years ago, I would have said America... However, as I studied the latin culture I am really impressed by it . Therefore, I could say that going to Rome would be a dream come true.

Rome , a popular destination for many visitors each year, is an amazing city. Personally speaking, the story of how Rome was established is amazing. I can't even believe how Roman people tend to create a myth in order to explain anything on their lives. It is simply amazing. Due to the fact that they had a lot of myths, we can see them represented in many fountains like this one:


Neptune's fountain , Bernini

I would dare to say that you can feel a lot of magic there while you are watching this fountain, you feel as part of the marvellous work from Bernini. Moreover , Rome is quite known for its monuments such as the Roman theatre, the Roman Amphitheatre, The Roman Circus... Someone could say that you can easily find them in some cities of Spain, and, it is true indeed . However, I think that is compulsory to travel to Rome if we want to know where all these amazing buildings were born


Roman Anfitheatre

Despite this, the place in Roma that made me completely fall in love with latin culture , was the Agrippa's Pantheon. It is a breathtaking  building. For me, it is hard to believe how in ancient times they could build amazing things like this. I know that , If some day I have the chance to be inside the Pantheon, I will be  crying for a week.

Agripa´s Panteon
Luckily, there is a solution for those spaniards who love roman culture but don't have enough money to go to Rome. The perfect solution is visit the little Rome of Spain ,which is located in  Mérida.


This is me in Mérida





No comments:

Post a Comment