Monday 6 October 2014

My trip to Ireland

I'm going to talk about my amazing trip to The Republic of Ireland.


This is my friend Sorscha and I in Dublín.
Kilkenny´s Castle
Last summer, a friend of mine and I went to The Republic of Ireland not only to do an English course but also to see the stunning views that you can easily see there. First of all, We arrived in Dublin and , of course, we  visited it. Although Dublin was amazing, the weather was really upsetting because I'm not used to the English weather.However, There were amazing places to visit like the Trinity College. Furthermore, I went to The Trinity College in order to meet my Irish friend, who I had met in a summer camp in Almería two years ago, Her name is Sorcha. When we were staying in Dublin we caught a bus and travelled to kilkenny to visit its amazing castle. I must confess that the weather was incredibly awful, I've never seen as much rain as I saw that day.Nevertheless, I was not scared of travelling by bus with rain because drivers in Ireland are used to it. What's more I'm more afraid of travelling by bus on Murcia  while it is raining..


Cork's Cathedral 
The amazing Blarney 
After spending three days in Dublin we went to Cork , which is the second most important city in Ireland, and we stayed there for two weeks. Cork is in the south , and for me it has a microclime because when in all Ireland is raining, in Cork  you have to wear your sunglasses all time. I really loved Cork. Maybe it is because I'd rather be in a small village than in a big city. When we were at Cork, we stayed with a host family , the Peytons, they were really kind with us and they told us very interesting things of Ireland, its culture and its people. In addition, the thing that was told by them that I really couldn't believe was the fact that, all their family got married in Spain because of its weather and because it is cheaper, but, of course, every guest have to pay their own flight ticket.

While we were in Cork we visited places that really took my breath away , such as Blarney, killarney and Kinsale. In my opinion, the place that I loved the most from Ireland was Blarney , it completely stole my heart. I've never seen so many green together. It was full of flowers and trees and , of course, the amazing Blarney castle. As I said before , we also went to Killarney , in which you can find an amazing waterfall after 8 km walking, You can also see an incredible forest. For me, it was like being on a film. I wish I have stayed there a bit longer , but, It was just a day trip.
Killarney´s waterfall

Jame's fort 
Fortunately, I really got on well with my classmates, even though, I was the younger one in the class. I had an amazing teacher whose name was Finbar. He had a really irish accent, he was really funny and he taught us a lot of things about the irish culture. However speaking about british and American people in class was not allowed! Furthermore, almost all of my classmates were teachers so, I have  learnt a lot of things from them. In addition, the more amazing thing is that in my class I was the only spanish person , it was really unusual.Furthermore,  In my class we were 12 students and 8 of them were german students. Moreover, My class and I went together to Kinsale. In kinsale they have the best fish of all Ireland. However, the thing that I loved from Kinsale was the  fort of James. When I came into the fort , I started to  cry because I felt like part of all the stories  that have took place there.
From left to right: Cristiane, Hans, Me, Pablo,
who came with me to Ireland,Patrick
and Millou.


I must confess that, I had the best classmate I could have ever wish for. His name is Hans and He is a lecture teacher in Switzerland. I am really happy because we still in touch by e-mail and He told me really interesting things about him . I wish I could speak with him forever.

To sum up, I would say that travelling to Ireland really changed my life . That's because it was a new experience and made me love Irish people because they are really polite, kind and helpful. They are always saying "hello" "thank you" "how are you?" While in Spain, sometimes, when we are trying to be polite they look at us as if we were weird. I also learnt, even though it may sound strange, how to love our food because veggies and fruits there , are really expensive. Nevertheless, if you ask me if I would like to come back to ireland, without hesitation I would say YES!
This is me in Killarney 









2 comments:

  1. Wonderful trip and wonderful text, dear María.

    - Just have a look at:

    * in order to meEt my Irish friend...
    * Irish people
    * they look at us as if we were weird... (you can also use "like" here, but it sounds more colloquial)

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear María, what a lovely report on your Irish experience! Although I feel very esteemed to be your best classmate - but I'm lecturing at a Swiss University but not in Sweden... ;-). Sweden and Switzerland are muddled wherever you go on this planet. Cheers yours Hans

    ReplyDelete